Monday, August 13, 2007

A Relaxing Weekend - July 14th and 15th

Some weekends are just made for relaxing. And some times its only when we relax in a city, can we really take it all in. On this weekend, I purposely decided to pretty much, do nothing of significance. I woke late, lounged around the house, and then took my bible, a book and my journal to St. James Park. It was a gorgeous day and I just laid on my blanket in the middle of my favorite park and took it all in. At one point I'm certain I dozed of... just as one can when truly content. It wasn't an exhausted desperate nap, as I've felt I needed so many times before, it was a delicate, "I love this place and can smile here", kinda nap.

I don't even recall what I did that night, but I'm sure it was fine. Probably nothing. I recall earlier in the week when I'd arrived, I was a bit homesick. I'd had a great Fourth week in VA. But now settling back in, it was fine. The Lord had spoken to me that week and I was reassured that I was indeed to be in London, and that he was with me. I felt a peace that I'm here to learn and grown.

Sunday, wanting to at least slightly dig into my "must see list", I set out to visit another church I had been meaning to see, All Souls. It was fine, but I think I really like HTB the best. The worship is unmatched and only parelleled by Frontline.

I spent the afternoon with my flatmate and her parents at the Cabinet War Rooms. Its all about Winston Churchill and WW2. Very well done; I quite enjoyed it. I find I'm pretty ignorant of history, but enjoy the nuggets I take in from time to time, esp when in Europe. It highly recommend this site for anyone in London.

I had a bit of time before HTB (still needed my fix, even though I'd been to church in the morning) so I headed back to St. James Park, just around the corner. Still in a state of contentment, I collected myself an ice cream and went to sit on the lawn by a gazebo with an orchestra playing Les Mis tunes. It was neat. I stayed about a half an hour and then off to HTB. It was fantastic as always.

Such a simple weekend. Maybe that's what made it perfect.

No comments: