Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Visit to Philly and CT: Aug 4-8

Well, maybe its cheating to write about time at home in my UK blog, but when it comes to my neices, I break all the rules. I just can't help but tell you all about them. But.. before I got to CT, I had a great journey to Philadephia with a bunch of friends. I believe there were 40 of us in all!

My friend Steve led us around for the day. We ordered cheesesteaks at Gino's (and ordered properly!), did some shopping, saw all the historic sites, walked up the Rocky steps (by then it was just too hot and we were too tired to run, ha, ha), and finished the day at a Phillies game. It was all GREAT fun. Check out our pics below.



I stayed in Philly that night. Courtesy of too many Hilton miles, I had a free night and free breakfast in a delightful suite near the Liberty Bell. I only wish I'd had more time to really enjoy it! Fabulous hotel and couldn't believe they'd given me a suite! But... my babies were waiting. On to CT.

I'll let more pics show you our fun... but the next three days were filled with lots of wonderful times with my neices. Beaches, visits to Friendly's, cookouts, sandboxes... all sorts of good times. They're just amazing to me; I don't get nearly enough time with them. Its wild too to watch their personalities develop. They're very different, but both wonderful girls. Lexi is more quiee and often prefers to play alone. But she is just about the sweetest little creature I've ever met and a total cuddle bug. I hug from her can melt you. Evelyn is high energy and brilliant. She talks up a storm and is very independant. When she says my name with her big smile ("Auntie Anj!") that smile becomes instantly contagious. And they get along quite well. I could watch them for hours. By the way... did I mention I have a nephew on the way. He's due to join us in October and there's another little on on the way come January! (Different siblings of course, ha, ha)

Ok... enough of my chatting. Here they my two girls. More later!

No comments: