Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sabbath in London - Oct 28

Sunday was a good but odd day. I wasn't sure how to spend it. I felt God trying to get my attention, so I chose to spend the day with him, to read and write, processing so many of the emotions, about so many things, running through my head. Though the loneliness has been hard, the alone time, has been significant, as I've been able to really step back and think, reflect, with out the distraction of all the responsibilities, activities, and relationships in DC.

I started the morning just reading and journaling in bed. It was refreshing and significant... as I stumbled into all sorts of revelations. I decided to go for a walk and just spend some time in prayer. I felt called to pray for London, the place, the people, the government. There are good people here. Wonderful people here, but even more so than many places in the US, they don't really have a keen sense of God as having much of a role in their lives. Its not that they don't believe, but that he just doesn't seem to have much relevance and there seem to be too many gray areas... too many bits of "religion" that seem to conflict with modern culture and belief. It makes me sad, as, as bright as I am, as much as I love to think and use my mind, I've met a Savior that touches my heart and soul so deeply, that its changed me. I wish all I love would I find, what I have... this relationship with God. Its never been more real than this year, as I've had to rely on him more than ever. He's been my God in the big and the small, and his love is exceedingly profound.

As I arrived home, I began to pray for opportunities to serve. God has done so much in my life this year, yet I feel I've done little in his name. Yes, of course I've lived my faith outloud and had many a great conversation, but wish I could do something more tangible.

Well... be careful when you pray those prayers, b/c they are often answered quickly!

After I returned from my regular church in London, I grabbed some food and logged on to Frontline's new Internet Campus. You see, my church, McLean Bible Church, just launched a live feed for all its services, including Frontline, the service for young adults. Originally, I thought the concept of Internet church was silly and would be impersonal, but it was the opposite! It was wonderful! I was so blessed to connect on line with home and speak in that chat rooms to friends around the world. The service was amazing and was just what I needed.

At the end, they asked for volunteers to help in future services. I was ecstatic! For months I thought it would be neat to minister to others abroad, possibly struggling as I've been. Or for some tool, some opportunity, to share God and church with those not in the DC Area. And then I prayed for a ministry, and found it. I now write blogs for the church website and moderate in the chat rooms during services. I talk to participants all over the world. I've told all sorts of people in London about this online church and some might actually check it out.

Wow.. what a day it ended up being. I guess I'll just end with this... Ever interested in checking out church online? Ever curious about this church I talk so much about? Now you can join us. Check it out any Sunday at 5:30PM ET. http://www.frontlinedc.com/pages/page.asp?page_id=21944

No comments: