Saturday, November 10, 2007

Windsor Castle - Oct 27

Well, the tide has really changed here. I'm the only American left right now and its kind of odd. Between late work hours, too many weekends of travel, and a general properness of the British (and possibly, in fairness, my own shyness, yes people, I'm quite shy around stranger), its just been extremely hard to make English friends. I've made a few work acquiantances and have gone out with coworkers a few times, but general its fairly shallow... and frankly, those who chat with me in the pubs, virtually ignore me the next day in the office. I don't get it. All this to say... that it was a fairly lonely weekend... but I made the most of it by journeying out to Windsor Castle.

Windsor is quite different than Buckingham Palace because its a real castle and looks like one. The whole area is beautiful and the leaves are turning.

I spent quite a time in the chapel and journeyed all around the castle. I think I'm a bit spoiled from having seen so much around the world, but it was worth seeing. I think I was most astounded however, by Queen Mary's Doll House. I actually went back to see it a second time! Its HUGE and yet small in detail at the same time. Lots of detail. It was incredible!

Finished at the castle and wondered around town a bit before heading home.

No comments: